Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Market Alternatives, LLC

(315) 210-4551

Request Appointment


Specialized Trucking Insurance to Meet Your Every Need

Commercial trucking is a demanding industry. Whether you have one truck or a fleet of trucks, current economic conditions make it very difficult to remain profitable. Market Alternatives, LLC specializes in the trucking industry. We have access to every credible carrier that does business in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, as well as Vermont and Indiana.

Trucking Insurance

Get comprehensive trucking insurance that is competitively priced. We offer full trucking policies and non-trucking policies, also known as Bobtail Insurance. You'll find motor truck cargo coverage for truckers and contingent cargo and bonding for brokers. Some of our carriers also offer downtime and rental coverage.

Bonding for Canada

Heading into Canada? We provide various types of bonds for truckers going to Canada or carrying commodities where bonding is required.

Legal Help

We help our truckers form corporations with the help of our legal partners and also help truckers obtain operating authority, otherwise known as DOT numbers and MC numbers. Let us help you obtain BOC-3 filings and any other filings necessary for the legal conduct of your business. We have access to workers compensation safety groups that can save you substantial amounts of money.

Fast Service

Prompt service with accurate attention to detail is required to keep you rolling. Certificates of insurance are produced within minutes of your request.

Request a Quote

Tractor, House, and Truck

If you own a truck, call Market Alternatives, LLC for a quote. We handle all types of special trucking accounts including:

• Long Haul
• Short Haul
• Car Carrier
• Dump Truck
• Agricultural
• Hazardous Material
• Oversize
• Overweight
• High Value
• Refuse
• And More

Personal Insurance

Get the best protection available in personal insurance. Market Alternatives, LLC has you covered with a policy that's right for your circumstances.

Replacement Cost

Make sure you have replacement cost coverage. It replaces damaged property with identical products and quality at the current material market value, without deduction for depreciation.


If there is a coinsurance clause in your policy, you'll pay less per dollar of protection than you would without it. Usually, the higher the coinsurance percentage is, the lower your rate. In return, you agree to insure your property for at least the named percentage of the insurable value on a replacement cost basis at all times. Coinsurance values vary, but 80%, 90%, and 100% are the most common.

For example, if the insurable, replacement value of your property is $100,000 and your policy carries an 80% coinsurance clause, you have agreed that you will insure your property to at least 80% of its insurable, replacement value at all times, or $80,000 in coverage.

In the case of a partial loss — say of $60,000 — what happens? If the insurable, replacement value of your property is still $100,000, and you still carry $80,000 of insurance, the insurance company pays the entire $60,000 loss. But if your property's insurable replacement cost has increased, let's say to $150,000, then your $80,000 of insurance on the property is no longer at 80% of the insurable replacement value. Actually, it is only two-thirds of the $120,000 needed to meet the 80% coinsurance requirement. Since the insurance carrier will only pay in proportion to the amount you actually carry, the insurance carrier will pay only two-thirds of the $60,000 loss or $40,000. You are a coinsurer and will participate in the loss because you have failed to carry an amount of insurance sufficient to satisfy the 80% coinsurance requirement. The insurance carrier will only pay a partial loss in full if you have carried the required percentage of coverage necessary to satisfy the coinsurance clause.

Simply stated, if you do not carry the coverage necessary to satisfy the coinsurance clause and you sustain a partial loss, the carrier will take what you do carry over what you should carry, times the amount of loss and that will be your payment, less your deductible.

• Auto
• Home
• Life
• Health
• Umbrella Liability
• Motorcycle
• Boat
• RV
• Mobile Home
• Renter
• Landlord
• Snowmobile
• Antique Auto
• Aircraft
• Farm
• Equine
• Wedding and Special Event

• Property
• General Liability
• Umbrella
• Workers Comp
• Errors and Omissions
• Business Auto
• Trucker
• Bobtail
• Cargo
• Commercial Package
• Artisan
• Inland Marine
• Farm
• Equine
• Restaurant